Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Le Santuaire

This weekend I was lucky enough to visit Le Sanctuaire for the first time. Wow, is really all I can say. It was pretty amazing to witness first hand the kind of dedication these people have devoted to their business. They have taken no shortcuts and have vowed to remain true to their beliefs and only carry the highest quality ingredients. The girl helping me, name slips my mind at the moment, was the sister of the owner. She was explaining that when they started, everyone thought they were crazy for carrying such expensive and rare ingredients. Molecular was not common place in the days that they started, but now they have an amazing business.

Saffron of the highest quality, salts mined from around the globe, china handmade in berlin, rotovaps, liquid nitrogen, culinary books never before seen in the United States, single farmed risotto, handpicked specialty peppercorns - really amazing and really expensive stuff. But the highest quality is worth every penny. So I spent my many pennies indeed with the intention of sharing such fine and rare ingredients with my clients. I hope they can learn to appreciate it.

www.le-sanctuaire.com

No comments: