Monday, September 15, 2008

The Ransome Wedding....

Yesterday was the big day for John and Judy... the day really was pretty special! It was an intimate gathering of friends and Family to celebrate their 25th year of marriage! Congrats to such dedication!








Of course my job for the day was the food. As I am exhausted today after 20+ hours of hard work, I will be brief in my blog.

The menu can be seen below on the next post entry.

Here are the mini caesar salads....






Of course the shrimp cocktail. The shrimp were bought fresh and poached in a secret bouillon to add depth and flavor to the dish.

The cocktail sauce was of course made from scratch, tomatoes, horseradish, garlic, lemon, worchestor?, sriracha, and a few secret ingredients.







Thats Mom helping with the flow from Kitchen to table!



Thanks goodness she lent a hand, because we needed it!












The table turned out really beautiful. Irma, Mom and I set up the table initially. I organized the placement of dishes on the table. I had envisioned a fancy "buffet" if you will, I really hate that word. However, John and Judy wanted simple, but I wanted individual portions of everything, this worked pretty good with all the vehicles I provided.








caesar salad









Fresh Dungeness Crab salad - From Brand Little Fish Co.

Cucumber/Apple Gelee, Diced apple and asian pear, sweet white corn succotash with bell pepper and cilantro and passion fruit vinaigrette, pickled cherry tomatoes and jalapenos, crab tossed with olive oil, rice wine vinegar, lime juice, garlic, lemongrass, shallot, red jalapeno and some spices. Topped with micro cilantro.






Orzo salad, scallion, red and yellow bell pepper, carrots, pine nuts, golden raisins, sesame seed vinaigrette.









Roasted tomato and bell pepper bruschetta, micro basil.

Basil and Arugula pesto with cherry tomato.










Marinated Peaches and Nectarines grilled, then wrapped with arugula and prociutto.

Shrimp cocktail.









The table.


























The menu, I framed it to look nice for the event!
















Kay, Alex and wifey Angie! oh, and the one on the way in the oven!












Lemon Tart, candied lime, raspberry, mint.

Both tarts were eaten! They were delicious!










"Pave" of Chocolate Ganache with buttery flaky crust. Topped with raspberry. Went perfect with red wine!










Overall, the food was a huge hit, everyone had raving comments! Hopefully it tasted as good as it looked! There was no leftovers! The only thing that was left was a sinlge tray of prociutto wrapped peaches, and that is because it never got taken out of the fridge. At the end of the evening, when I left the party, 3 crab salads remained, some lemon tart pieces, a little bruschetta and that was all!

I had a really good time, but I am so tired, I think I will go take a little rest until next weekend, when I am back to the kitchen and on my feet for hours!

No comments: